-{-_-}-

One of the ideas I've been thinking about recently is getting each other in companies to openly share skills. Not only with close colleagues but colleagues far and wide to Fuel a better future for all those associated with the same business. As isn’t that what ‘work’ should all be about.

“Obviously everyone wants to be successful, but I want to be looked back on as being very innovative, very trusted and ethical and ultimately making a big difference in the world” - Sergey Brin
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recent work blog post

Protect

I’m busy, you’re busy, we’re all really busy. The reality is this isn’t going to change.
Wherever we go it’s going to be the same story. So it’s always pretty tough to work and think about things outside of our ‘jobs’.

I know that when I retire I’m not going to remember the evaluations, dashboards, campaign reports or briefs. I want to obviously do my upmost to produce the best work I possibly can, to the absolute best of my ability.

What I will remember though is the people I’ve worked with and what I’ve learnt from them along the way and the success this has yielded.

I believe Engine has something very special. We are growing. We are multi-skilled individuals in the same building working across a spectrum of projects. Yet if we’re honest we don’t really know WTF is going on with all the businesses and the growth exacerbates this.

It’s not confined to us of course; it’s the same story across all big business.

We love change and stand for this; if we can achieve definitive change we will change the game.
We now have an intranet; I’m sure at lot of us have seen how these things can play out from working at other companies.

This won’t work unless as very busy people we find the time to strive towards what others can’t. That’s what will be remembered.

I’ve had a think of how to best use the Intranet; my thought can be viewed on the intranet: www.enginebeta.com/ideas/1020. It would be excellent to get your thoughts.

It’s basically resulted in a Burning Man style mentor skill shared Screencast-o-matic You Tube stored cohesive client and employee inspiring platform.

Categories:

Leave a Reply